Saturday, January 07, 2006

Distro Choice

Well not alot to report.. I've read a ton of How Linux Works I'm up to chapter 10 (the Kernel).

I also subscribed (online) to TUX Magazine and Free Software Magazine

Well, after reading Ravi's opinion on distros I've decided that what I want is a good learning experience and a nice system so I think I'm looking at (B)LFS or Gentoo as my ultimate system. Both, however, require some sort of Host distro for the build process. I think the front runners for that are Fedora, Ubuntu, or Slack. I'm not really sure which of these to go with, but I'm kinda leaning towards Fedora that said, however, my decision isn't really final so any convincing comment could change my mind.

Well thats it for tonight/this morning, I'm goin to bed,
~Donald Guy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home